Olympic caravan sites
With the Olympics on the not-so-distant horizon, it’s a good time for sports fans to start looking at accommodation near the events. Unfortunately this can come with a high price tag. So it’s a great opportunity to get the caravan off the driveway and visit some of the action around the country, without having to spend an arm and a legon hotels.
With events taking place throughout the country, many established and temporary caravan sites are providing special offers for the Olympic games. Here the caravan insurance specialists at Adrian Flux suggest some of the best caravan sites that are near to the main events.
- There’s so much happening in central London that caravan sites in the surrounding area will be packed out. Early booking is recommended. The Elm campsite is only seven tube stops away from the Olympic park and the main stadium, so it is very central to many of the events. The campsite will also be creating their own ‘sporting village’ atmosphere, by erecting a marquee and TV, so even if you are not lucky enough to have tickets you can still watch the events.
- Another site, Camping 2012, located just off the M25, is also a great location for the 2012 games. It claims to be only 15 minutes from central London, with camping pitches from 20 pounds per night. There is a bus service running to central line train stations to make access to central London even easier. They will also provide a marquee, open daily, with a bar and live coverage of the Olympic events. If you’re unsure about getting from the campsite to the games they’ve made a video diary of the journey.
- There are also many events happening outside of central London. The Lee Valley Water Centre, VeloPark, Hockey and Tennis Centre which are all located along the 26-mile-long Lee Valley Regional Park. The Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park in Edmonton offers peace and quiet away from the central buzz of the Olympics in London.
- Another sport taking place outside of London is mountain biking, at Hadleigh Farm in Essex. Staying here is a great opportunity to combine your trip to the Olympic games with a seaside holiday. Riverside Village Holiday Park is close to Hadleigh Farm, the seaside and also easily accessible to London.
- The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is hosting some of the men’s and women’s football and is situated right in the heart of Cardiff. However there are plenty of caravan sites that offer affordable and easily accessible accommodation nearby, such as the Llandow Caravan Park is around a 30-minute drive from the stadium. The stadium is particularly special, as it will be hosting the very first event of the Olympic games.