According to statistics, drivers aged 17-24 are the most at-risk group of motorists in the UK, which is why insurance for younger drivers, particularly young men, costs so very much.
But the bare statistics don’t tell the whole story, and many insurers seem to use them as a convenient excuse to wring as much cash as possible out of their younger policyholders. Here at Adrian Flux, we take a different approach, and our highly trained underwriters will evaluate your premium, taking into account many additional factors.
That’s why our younger customers have found that we are frequently able to save them hundreds or even thousands of pounds on their insurance.
But if you are a young driver, here are five simple steps you can take yourself which could cut your premiums down to size.
- If you’ve passed your test recently, get yourself a PassPlus, IAM or Max Driver (Link Removed) qualification and we can knock 25% – usually hundreds of pounds for teenaged drivers – or even more off your premium. All of these schemes give the novice driver additional skills. The Max Driver (Link Removed) scheme (set up by Adrian Flux in association with Max Power (Link Removed) magazine and the Institute of Advanced Motoring) has been shown to vastly reduce the likelihood of accidents involving drivers who have taken it. And that means cheaper insurance.
- If you will only be driving a few thousand miles a year, then tell us, so we can get you onto a limited mileage policy.
- Are you in an owners club or online forum? If not consider joining one. People who are enthusiastic about their car and learn all they can about it will take better care of it, which is why you could get an extra discount of up to 15%.
- Keep your car garaged if you can, and install the best alarm system you can afford and you’ll pay less.
- In the past new cars have been out of reach of all but the wealthiest of young drivers, due to the costs of both the car and insurance as well as the extreme difficulty of finding comprehensive cover when a younger driver is involved. But that could change with a new scheme run by the Young Marmalade club. Under the scheme, members of the club can buy a discounted brand new car from a wide selection with a range of attractive finance options. But the best bit is the insurance – when you buy a car under the scheme you get a 9-month insurance policy at a huge discount (e.g. a 17-year-old male would pay just £700, females over 19 and males over 21 pay nothing). And at the end of the 9 month period, you can renew your insurance at a competitive rate with the equivalent of a full year’s No Claims Bonus.So if you’re a young driver, make sure you do what you can to save as much as possible on your car insurance. And then give us a call on 08000 83 88 33 or visit www.adrianflux.co.uk for a pleasant surprise.