Today all over the news is Norwich Union saying that they will be increasing Car insurance Premiums by 16% on average. Whilst we at Adrian Flux have spent the last two weeks amending our schemes and rates to bring rates down even further. The Biggest decrease’s has been for Jap imports up to 40% off current deals.
My 6 Top Tips for saving money on car insurance:
- If your insurance is due for renewal on the 1st of the month, if yes see if you can move back one day as most insurers increase rates from the 1st of the month.
- Shop around. It might be time-consuming to repeat your details to several providers but you could save plenty.
- Resist the temptation to add your children to your own insurance. They won’t build up no-claims discounts, so will just be delaying the expensive early years until a later date.
- Adding your parents as named drivers to your policy can cut premiums.
- Agreeing to pay a higher excess should you need to make a claim will bring the cost of cover down, as will agreeing to a limited number of miles each year.
- You might not be able to keep your car in a garage, but ask insurers which security devices they approve and how much of a discount they take off your premium.