In Car Entertainment Essentials
These days it’s no longer just about getting from A to B, but how you do it. With the latest audio technology there are great ways to improve the journey for you and your passengers. Adrian Flux Insurance Services have come up with the top must-haves in the way of in car entertainment this summer.
- Car head unit. If you want to listen to music you must have a decent radio and CD player to appreciate modern recording techniques. Over at Car Audio Centre there is a great selection of head units – whether you want to be able to play cds, mp3 CDs or just listen to the radio then you will find what you are looking for here. There are also head units available that enable you to directly connect your MP3 player, iPod or Laptop.
- iPod and MP3 players. Or if your head unit doesn’t have direct connections for your iPod or MP3 player then you can buy special adapters so you can still listen to your favourite playlists where ever you are. Over at Dynamic Sounds they have an extensive range of adapters for many different car models to ensure that you get the right one.
- Speakers. Of course no head unit is complete without a quality set of speakers to accompany it. Bass Junkies have a great selection of speakers, amplifiers and sub woofers. Or if you fancy letting someone else do the hard work then Ice Beat do the lot – they design and make customized boot builds, and even install it all for you.
- Audio Visual. An audio visual unit has many different functions, such as to see what songs are playing, to allow passengers to watch dvds or to be used as a Sat Nav. Of course safety is an important aspect of all these clever bits of gear so choosing a handsfree unit is also advisable. You can go one step further by kitting out your car with DVD headrests to keep the passengers in the back happy on longer journeys.
- And something extra. To gain a rep for having the coolest car to travel in, there is a package available from In Car Electronix that allows your passengers to play their favourite games on the PS3 while on the move.
It is also worth checking what your car insurance will cover you for in terms of in car entertainment and you should inform them of any modifications you make. If you don’t declare them and you have to make a claim your insurance company may not pay up as you wont be covered.