They’re big, they’re brash and they’re burning rubber faster than you can say American Super Stock.
Here at Adrian Flux, we’ve been providing great American muscle car insurance since 1975, so we’re continuing to support the UK’s biggest US drag race series for 2015.
Racing proper gets under way at York Raceway on Easter Monday, April 6, and promises the usual mix of classic and modern muscle cars from Mustangs to Camaros and Firebirds to Road Runners.
Icons from the 60s and 70s – big machines with an angry presence and even angrier exhaust notes – through to gasser style cars and svelte modern muscle cars, plus high-powered trucks, await visitors for the nine-round series of races.
Cars of differing performance do battle over the quarter mile, with the most powerful cars handicapped to provide a true battle of driver skill and reliability.
Back in the early 70s – the heyday of the muscle car movement – the American motor industry’s motto was “win on Sunday, sell on Monday” – in other words, crazy performance on the strip from these V8, 7000cc beasts sold cars…
American cars of any description, let alone these iconic muscle cars from the US motoring glory days, remain a pretty rare sight on UK roads, so this is a great opportunity to get up close to some of the most shamelessly excessive motors ever made.
Flux can provide cover for just about any American vehicle on four wheels, whether it’s as it left the factory or heavily modified.
General manager Gerry Bucke said staff at the broker had a real understanding of the issues facing the owners of American cars in the UK.
“We’ve been involved in this area for 40 years, and as a result we’ve negotiated some fantastic deals that really take into account the special treatment owners give their American cars,” he added.
“Owning and running an American car in the UK is a real statement and shows a dedication to the marque and the whole culture of motoring that we just love.
“Unlike most insurance providers, we don’t run a mile from anything a little bit different or that isn’t built for the UK market – in fact, we positively encourage people to come to us with their unusual, rare or modified vehicles.”
Among the benefits and features offered include:
- Agreed value cover for classic and modern vehicles – make sure your car is covered for its true value, so you won’t get a nasty surprise if you need to make a claim.
- Modified car insurance – if you’ve modified your American car in any way, we can ensure that your car is fully covered with like for like replacement parts.
- Laid up cover for restoration projects or for when your car is off the road for any reason.
- Limited mileage discounts – the fewer miles you drive, the more you can save, from as little as 1,500 miles.
- Wedding hire cover can be arranged to help you earn a little cash to cover the cost of running your pride and joy.
- Owner’s club discounts – discounts of up to 15 per cent depending on the policy taken.
The full calendar for 2015:
April 5: Mini Shootout, includes Run What You’ve Brung and Test & Tune if you need some track time.
April 6: Round 1, Easter Nationals
May 3: Round 2, Super Street Shootout
May 4: Round 3, UK Open Nationals
May 24: Round 4, Volks Power’s Power Fest
May 25: Round 5
July 4: Round 6, Sportsman Nationals
August 30: Round 7, National Hot Rod Reunion
August 31: Round 8
September 20: Final round, UK Northern Finals
October 11: Any un-concluded finals, Judgement Day.