If you are unlucky enough to have an accident that isn’t your fault, things can be far from straightforward.
Legal cover covers the costs involved in taking civil legal action following the accident ? which may involve recovering the costs of;
- Death or injury
- Vehicle policy excess
- Loss of earnings
- Vehicle repairs
- Providing an alternative vehicle
- Damage to personal property
- Towing, vehicle recovery or storage
It provides additional cover to your motor insurance policy.
Sourcing appropriate legal representation can be a nightmare, and while the family solicitor may seem like the obvious answer, in most cases your local firm will not be specialists in the field of motor claims. If you find yourself in court, it is essential to have a specialist team looking after your interests. Of course, legal bills can rack up very quickly, and few of us would relish the prospect of a bill for thousands of pounds in fees.
The motor legal expenses policy we offer will cover you for up to £100,000 worth of legal expenses and hire of a vehicle in the event of an accident, provided you use the solicitor appointed to pursue your claim. This comes free with all of our Motor Insurance policies, including car and van cover. Our motorcycle legal expenses policy is provided by 4th Dimension Innovation and also provides £100,000 worth of legal expenses.
Auxillis and 4th Dimension Innovation may be able to help you in the following ways:
- If you have been involved in an accident in the UK or Europe, in which you were not to blame or only partly to blame, they could provide you with legal assistance and expenses of up to £100,000 to help you recover any uninsured losses or “out of pocket” expenses as a result of the accident.
- Auxillis or 4th Dimension Innovation could also help you and any passengers claim compensation for injury.
- If the accident was not your fault Auxillis or 4th Dimension Innovation could arrange for you to be provided with a like-for-like vehicle (if needed) to help you stay mobile while your vehicle is being repaired or until you receive a settlement offer from your insurers if your vehicle is written off. They could also organise, fund and guarantee your repairs and save you having to pay a policy excess.
There must be a reasonable expectation of success of recovering your costs from the third party in order for you to be able to use your legal cover policy.