Controllers of personal information
We are registered under the data protection laws governed in the United Kingdom, and we take all possible action to ensure there is no unauthorised access to your personal data.
For a fee of £10 made payable to us, you are entitled to see details of the personal data we hold on our systems about you. It is your responsibility to ensure the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date; should any of the information become inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you the changes have been made.
You are also entitled to request the removal of your personal data from our records. To do so, please write to the Data Protection Officer, Adrian Flux Insurance Services, East Winch Hall, East Winch, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1HN. For security reasons, you must include your full name, address and date of birth when writing to us.
Uses for your data
The data your provide to us will be used by us (or our trusted service providers acting on our behalf) for the following purposes:
- Quotation: Your data will be used to provide you with the best quote with our trusted partners in relation to the insurance services you are requesting a quotation for.
- To ensure our insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments.
- We may use scoring methods to assess this application. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. Alternatively, we may ask you to provide physical forms of identification.
- Customer Services: Should you need to query, amend or cancel a policy you have taken up with us, we will use your personal data to assist you with the action or enquiry you are contacting us for.
- To contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or carefully selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so. You can opt-in or opt-out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us.
- To show you advertising showcasing our products and services that we think will be of interest to you when you visit other sites around the internet. To help us ensure that you see the most relevant advertisements possible via non-identifiable tracking via services including Google Analytics remarketing, demographics and interest retargeting and Facebook custom audiences. To opt out of these services, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
In order to provide you with a quotation or additional services, we (or service providers acting on our behalf) may need to collect and use personal information from you defined as sensitive data according to the Data Protection Act 1998. Such information includes, but is not limited to, medical history and criminal conviction information. By providing such information, you agree to the use of the data to process your quotation and policy by us and the involved parties.
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites linked to our websites. We do take great care in ensuring only links to companies, organisations and individuals following the same standards and policies as us remain on our website, but we cannot guarantee this. In such instances, you are advised to check the privacy policies on external websites that are not a part of the Adrian Flux Insurance Services group.
- For statistical analysis and to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use third parties, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, DoubleClick, Microsoft Bing, Clicktale, to collect completely anonymous user information which is gathered through cookies. These help us gauge our effectiveness in meeting users' needs, and improve our service to you.
- We use session cookies to help you navigate through the site and show you useful information, such as helpful phone numbers. Session cookies also enable you to use services such as online quotes, customer contact forms, callbacks, and online policy administration.
You can turn cookies off, but if you do this you may not be able to use all of the services available on our sites. You will still be able to view the majority of the informational content on the site.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/