Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access or obtain copies of the personal information held about you by us.
A response to your request will be provided to you within one month of us receiving a valid request. If you wish to exercise this right against our partners you will need to write to them directly. In accordance with the GDPR, we will not charge for this information in most cases. To submit your request please email [email protected], alternatively you can write to the Data Protection Officer, Adrian Flux Insurance, East Winch Hall, East Winch, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1HN. For security reasons, you must include your full name, address and date of birth when writing to us.
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal information held about you. Please contact us on 0344 381 6502 or contact your local branch if your personal information needs updating.
You are also entitled to request the removal of your personal data from our records. To do so, please email [email protected], or write to the Data Protection Officer, Adrian Flux Insurance Services, East Winch Hall, East Winch, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1HN. For security reasons, you must include your full name, address and date of birth when writing to us. As long as your request meets our data retention periods, then we will overwrite removing your personal and sensitive information, the remaining data will be used for statistical purposes only.
You have a right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner if you believe we have not complied with our obligations under the GDPR.
You have the right to have your data transmitted directly to another data controller where technically feasible.
You have the right to restrict data processing, where this does not conflict with our contractual obligations, where;
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your data
- We no longer need the data for processing, but the data is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- You have objected to the processing of your data pending the verification of whether the legitimate grounds for processing override your objection
You have the right to object to the automated processing of your data including, but not limited to, profiling. This excludes where the processing is necessary for entering into a contract, or the performance of our contractual obligations.
The data you provide to us will be used by us (or our trusted service providers acting on our behalf) for the following purposes:
- Quotation: Your data will be used to provide you with the best quote with our trusted partners in relation to the insurance services you are requesting a quotation for.
- To ensure our insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments.
- We may use scoring methods to assess this application. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. Alternatively, we may ask you to provide physical forms of identification.
- Customer Services: Should you need to query, amend or cancel a policy you have taken up with us, we will use your personal data to assist you with the action or enquiry you are contacting us for.
- To contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or carefully selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so. You can opt-out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us.
- Profiling: We will pass your data to Fast Stats for profiling, on the basis of legitimate interests, in order to help us tailor products that will suit your needs. To opt out of data profiling, please email [email protected]
- To show you advertising showcasing our products and services that we think will be of interest to you when you visit other sites around the internet. To help us ensure that you see the most relevant advertisements possible via non-identifiable tracking via services including Google Analytics remarketing, demographics and interest retargeting and Facebook custom audiences. To opt out of these services, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
We collect personal data and sensitive personal data as part of providing services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications in accordance with UK and European law.
Types of data we may collect:
Examples of personal data we may collect includes:
- Name, address, date of birth and gender
- Telephone numbers and email address
- Occupation and other lifestyle information
- Credit/debit card details
- Claims history
Sensitive personal data
Examples of sensitive personal data we may collect includes:
- Medical history
- Criminal convictions
Call recording and monitoring
We monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of a contract
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites
- Ensuring effective systems operation
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of crime
- The legitimate interests of the data controller
If you have a telematics device, as part of your policy you are required to fit, activate and keep charged a telematics device that will monitor your vehicle and how it is driven.
The data received from your device is used, together with data collected from other 3rd party data sources, to:
- Determine an accurate renewal premium based on how the vehicle is driven.
- Calculate mileage driven against the mileage endorsed on your policy – we will contact you if this is exceeded.
- Confirm that you are operating your device in compliance with your terms
- Validate that the underwriting details given are in accordance with your Statement of Fact.
- Cancel your policy if the vehicle is not driven in accordance with the highway code
- Advise you of adverse weather events that may impact road conditions
- Send notifications and information to help you remain compliant with the terms of your policy
- Help understand the circumstances of any accident or claim, loss or theft and help determine fault
- Help prevent and detect fraud
- Perform statistical analysis to assist us in product assessment and future development
Information recorded from your telematics device will be assessed automatically to generate your driving Fluxscore. This Fluxscore will be based upon a review of your location, direction of travel, time of day, speed and overall journey. This data will be assessed against our internal models of driver behaviour to generate your Fluxscore. You may review your journeys and see how much money you have saved on your renewal via your FluxScore app.
The telematics Smartbox does not identify who is driving the vehicle but telematics data and our assessments of driving behaviour may be linked to an individual, for example when we discuss driving feedback with the policyholder, and in the event of a claim.
If you allow your vehicle to be driven by others during the period of insurance we may discuss with you driver behaviours determined from the telematics data which relate to another driver.
Information submitted for a quotation may be retained by us for a period of 24 months from the date of quotation. Policyholder information will be held for a period of at least 6 years after the ending of the client/insurer relationship.
Quotation data received from aggregators is stored in a separate database on a separate server and stored for a maximum period of 90 days. Any quotation data received from aggregators that is replicated across to our call centre database for any reason is retained on that database for a period of 30 days and then deleted.
All call recordings will be retained for a period of at least 6 years. All emails and documents received will be retained for a period of at least 6 years.
Over the years we have successfully negotiated large discounts for our customers and have only been able to do this because of the quality of the business we provide to our insurer partners. It is vital that we protect these discounts, enabling us to continue offering our customers fantastic prices on great products.
This additional paperwork does generate more work for you and for us, but ultimately our customers benefit from our stringent quality control of new policies. It allows us to accurately underwrite a policy and provide correct cover and pricing, particularly should new information come to light which we were previously unaware of.
A few minutes of your time sending us the documents requested will allow us to continue offering some of the most competitive rates found anywhere in the UK insurance market.
Driving Licence Number (“MyLicence”)
The number is used to do an automatic check with the DVLA driver database, to retrieve the required information. The provided information is:
- Type of licence held
- Length of time the licence has been held for
- Entitlements to drive
- Penalty points
- Conviction dates
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the Police check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and, if you give us false or inaccurate information
and we suspect fraud, we will record this with ourselves, these agencies and databases. We and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to:
Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies check your identity to prevent money laundering.
Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches. We can supply on request further details of the databases we access or contribute to.
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites linked to our websites. We do take great care in ensuring only links to companies, organisations and individuals following the same standards and policies as us remain on our website, but we cannot guarantee this. In such instances, you are advised to check the privacy policies on external websites that are not a part of the Adrian Flux Insurance Services Group.