Specialist Household Insurance
Our household insurance customers saved an average of 31% in 2021 when taking out a policy with us. See how much you could save on buildings and contents cover by giving us a call – especially if your home’s a little out of the ordinary.
Get tailored household insurance from a specialist insurance broker
Whether you need buildings insurance, contents insurance or a comprehensive building and contents policy, we compare policies from a wide range of insurers to find the right level of cover for you.
As a specialist insurance broker, we’re able to secure cover for even the most unusual homes. And we do so at a great rate where other companies would struggle to even provide a quote.
Specialist home insurance with extra special rates
We provide tailored solutions to all your exact needs, so our range of household insurance policies is wide enough to cover every situation. Here are just some of the situations where we can offer specialist cover.
Business-related home insurance
- Landlords insurance: we offer extra special deals for private landlords, including portfolio cover for any number of flats and houses.
- Landlords can get buy to let insurance for a range of different situations, including benefit-assisted tenants, blocks of flats, student lets, bedsits, asylum lets, contents cover for landlords
- Property owners: protects your home and its possessions against loss of money from risks such as fire, flood, damage or loss.
- Insurance for blocks of flats and maisonettes: these properties can often cause problems for insurers, but not for us. Speak to us for a quote.
- Home business cover: if you operate a business from home, this cover can help keep your business office equipment and home safe from damage.
- Bed and breakfast insurance: protects your home and contents from the added risks that running a B&B can bring.
- Park homes: as park homes and chalets soar in popularity, owners can benefit from cover designed for the unique needs of these properties.
- Unoccupied homes: we have special rates for properties in probate or those awaiting refurbishment.
- Second home and holiday home insurance: everything from a chalet to a large second house in the country.
- High net worth houses: this covers period properties, high-value dwellings and contents, as well as antiques and valuables.
- Listed buildings and Victorian homes cover.
- Thatched roof insurance: we cover all types and styles of thatch.
- Flat roof insurance: sourcing this type of cover can be tricky, but we can help.
- Flats above shops or commercial premises
- Houses with unusual constructions, such as wood-built homes, log cabins and chalets.
Homes with specialist risks
We cover a wide range of homes requiring specialist household insurance.
Helps protect your possessions from a range of different risks, whether you’re a student or you live in a large luxury home.
Even if you’ve previously received criminal convictions, we can help you get cover for your home.
Home Emergency Cover
Explore Our Policies
Home insurance can protect you from costly losses
In times when money is short, it’s all too easy to consider cutting back on your home insurance, but this is a false economy. After all, it only takes one major claim to cost you tens of thousands of pounds – or even hundreds of thousands of pounds in some cases.
It’s also unnecessary for many people as huge savings on your home insurance are possible by shopping around, especially if you call a specialist broker.
You may think that your home is nothing special, but in fact many houses have quirks and features that can increase your premium significantly if you go through a mainstream provider. By speaking to a specialist home insurance expert like Adrian Flux, you can save considerably. We’re specifically equipped to deal with unusual and extraordinary homes.
“We have some very high value audio and visual equipment worth £98,000 and getting competitive home contents insurance has been a struggle. This is on top of our general contents of £170,000, but Adrian Flux gave us a great premium and the cover we needed with no problems at all. I was impressed by their knowledge and expertise.” Mr T, NE13
Why choose Adrian Flux for specialist home insurance?
Due to the types of homes we insure, our policies are designed specifically for homes that are out of the ordinary. Our team has a high degree of knowledge in this field so can help secure you the correct type of cover based on your needs. This is not an online quotation system using computer rates. Instead, each risk will be individually calculated by our home insurance experts.
The majority of home insurance policies cover your mobile phone if it is stolen, damaged or destroyed in your house. However, unless specified you’re generally not covered if anything happens to your phone outside your house.
We offer gadget insurance, which you can take out alongside your household insurance. This protects a range of different items while you’re out and about.
We’re sorry you need to make a claim on your home insurance. Give us a call on 0344 381 6505 and talk us through your situation. We’ll do what we can to help.
If you need to make a claim out of hours, please refer to your policy to get the emergency number for your specific scheme.
If you decide to alter your house in any way, it is advised that you let us know about these changes so they can alter your policy accordingly.