Nobody likes to think about the possibility of being seriously injured in a road accident, but unfortunately it can happen making personal accident cover vitally important. The Personal Accident cover offered by Adrian Flux and Bikesure will pay out additional compensation in the event of certain serious injuries or death.
The policy will pay out the sum mentioned in the policy booklet if the insured person suffers bodily injury during the period of insurance which results in the following:
- Accidental death
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight in both eyes
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight in one eye
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of one limb
- Permanent total disablement
Road rage assault cover is also offered on the policy. Road rage assault covers the following:
- Hospital daily cash benefit – £100 per day of confinement subject to a maximum of 30 days
- Emergency dental treatment – up to £500, £25 excess for each and every loss
- Clothing and personal effects – up to £250, £25 excess for each and every loss
- 5 sessions of stress counselling following a claim
The maximum accumulation limit for any one accident shall be £100,000 for bodily injury for any road rage assault.
Personal accident cover costs £17.00 and will run for the entire length of your policy. There is no refund in the event of cancellation after the first 14 days, and there is no cover in force for the first 24 hours.