Features and benefits of Adrian Flux’s tool insurance
*subject to a limit of £1,000
Do I need to cover my tools?
We believe that tool insurance is the essential top-up policy for all commercial vehicle customers. With tool thefts increasing over the past few years, it’s now more important than ever to protect them.
Don’t think about getting cover when it’s too late. Speak to one of our experienced members of staff to find out more about how we can help.
Why should I get tool cover?
Working as an independent contractor or as a self-employed individual puts most of the responsibility on you to keep your equipment safe and secure. If this doesn’t happen, often it’ll be your own hard-earned cash that you’ll have to use to replace items.
And this isn’t the only expense that lost, stolen or damaged tools could cause to your business. Replacement tools might not be readily available, meaning you could have to cancel appointments if you aren’t able to get the right gadgets in time.
When are my tools covered under this policy?
Our standard van tool insurance covers damage or theft for tools or equipment attributed to your business. They are covered when they’re kept in your van and during the loading/unloading process.
Can I get around-the-clock van tool cover?
After a hard day’s work, it’s not always possible or practical to unload your tools from the van and lock them away safely. Unlike some other policies available, we also offer the option to upgrade your policy so it includes overnight tool cover as well.
This covers your tools even if they’re kept in the van overnight or if the vehicle is left unattended outside of a locked garage or compound for more than eight hours.
Does van insurance cover tools?
While some van insurance policies include tool cover, oftentimes this isn’t included as standard unless you specify that you need it. It’s always best to check your policy’s small print before taking out a separate policy for your tools.
Van insurance with tool cover
At Adrian Flux, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all policy that protects everyone. We know that needs will vary depending on the type of business you have, the level of cover you need, your budget, and more. As a result, if you’re taking out a insurance policy on your van, we can add tool cover at a small additional cost.
Tips to keep tools safe
- Keep your van in a secure location when it isn’t being used, especially overnight. Storing it in a garage is ideal.
- Even when you’re leaving your van for a few minutes, get into the habit of locking the doors and closing your windows. The more barriers for thieves, the better!
- If the windows at the back of your van are big, getting a grill guard or tinting your windows can help prevent thieves from seeing what you have in the back. A grill can also stop them from gaining easy access to the vehicle.
- Secure your tools in a lockable box. You can also get a storage box that bolts to the vehicle floor for additional security.
- Park with your van doors – whether located in the rear or on the side – against a wall. This makes it more difficult for thieves to gain access to your vehicle.
- Additional security features like a dashcam or CCTV at the rear of your van can deter thieves from breaking into your vehicle.