Skip to main content
New Customers | Existing customers
Save money with Specialist Insurance

Car Insurance for Carers

Existing customers please call

Whether you are a disabled person who wants to arrange cover that allows a team of carers to drive your vehicle, or a carer who requires insurance for an adapted vehicle Adrian Flux offers a range of insurance policy options at a great price.

Existing customers please call

Those who could benefit from disability car insurance include:

  • Parents with disabled children
  • Insurance for carers
  • Insurance for family members and medical professionals
  • Insurance for disabled drivers who require a carer or a team of carers

Insurance for carers of disabled people

Adrian Flux has more than 50 years’ experience to help ensure you and your vehicle get the protection they deserve at a price that you can afford. Frequently, cover offered by mainstream insurers is confined to a limited number of named driver. This can be a major hassle if you have a team of carers who may change from time to time, or during holidays. That’s why we offer optional any driver cover.

Another common obstacle is that many insurance companies don’t like named drivers on standard car policies to be family members under 25. Adrian Flux can accommodate young named drivers who need cover to transport someone with a disability.

Benefits of insurance tailored to carers

We are confident that the carers insurance policies we offer are suitable for almost all situations and have great features designed for your precise needs, including:

  • Like-for-like cover for any adaptations or modifications to your vehicle
  • Up to £1,500 cover for a manual wheelchair in the car
  • Cover for family, friends and carers to drive your vehicle
  • Any driver cover available
  • Cover for young disabled drivers from 16 upwards
  • 90 days European Green Card cover
  • An appropriate courtesy car in the event of an accident (subject to availability)
  • Motability claim-free driving accepted in lieu of NCB
  • Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV) cover available
  • New for old cover on adaptions

Why you might need insurance for carers

  • A carer or assistant drives your car regularly or occasionally
  • You may need more than one person to drive your vehicle
  • You need a young driver to be able to drive your car
  • You may require cover for family members and medical professionals
  • You may need insurance for any driver to drive your adapted car

We want you and your carer to feel protected so we ensure that the policy is tailored to your needs. Our team of specialist underwriters work hard to find the best deal at a price that’s right for you.

Call to find out how much you could save on your motor insurance for carers of arrange a call-back at a time that suits you.

Related Links

Car insurance for disabled drivers

Wheelchair accessible insurance

Electric wheelchair Insurance


What car insurance does a carer need?

This depends on if you’re a family member or a carer by trade.

Family members caring for their loved ones will need regular car insurance. If medical professionals help with the driving occasionally, they’ll need their own cover.

Professional carers will need business class insurance, which covers you when you use a car for work.





Courtesy Car


Excess Protect

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.
Read more