Those who could benefit from disability car insurance include:
- Parents with disabled children
- Insurance for carers
- Insurance for family members and medical professionals
- Insurance for disabled drivers who require a carer or a team of carers
Insurance for carers of disabled people
Adrian Flux has more than 40 years' experience to help ensure you and your vehicle get the protection they deserve at a price that you can afford. Frequently, cover offered by mainstream insurers is confined to a limited number of named driver. This can be a major hassle if you have a team of carers who may change from time to time, or during holidays. That's why we offer optional any driver cover.
Another common obstacle is that many insurance companies don't like named drivers on standard car policies to be family members under 25. Adrian Flux can accommodate young named drivers who need cover to transport someone with a disability.
Benefits of insurance tailored to carers
We are confident that the carers insurance policies we offer are suitable for almost all situations and have great features designed for your precise needs, including:
- Like-for-like cover for any adaptations or modifications to your vehicle
- Up to £1,500 cover for a manual wheelchair in the car
- Cover for family, friends and carers to drive your vehicle
- Any driver cover available
- Cover for young disabled drivers from 16 upwards
- 90 days European Green Card cover
- An appropriate courtesy car in the event of an accident (subject to availability)
- Motability claim-free driving accepted in lieu of NCB
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV) cover available
- New for old cover on adaptions
Why you might need insurance for carers
- A carer or assistant drives your car regularly or occasionally
- You may need more than one person to drive your vehicle
- You need a young driver to be able to drive your car
- You may require cover for family members and medical professionals
- You may need insurance for any driver to drive your adapted car
We want you and your carer to feel protected so we ensure that the policy is tailored to your needs. Our team of specialist underwriters work hard to find the best deal at a price that's right for you.
Call 0800 089 0146 to find out how much you could save on your motor insurance for carers of arrange a call-back at a time that suits you.
What car insurance does a carer need?
This depends on if you're a family member or a carer by trade.
Family members caring for their loved ones will need regular car insurance. If medical professionals help with the driving occasionally, they'll need their own cover.
Professional carers will need business class insurance, which covers you when you use a car for work.