We also source motorised horsebox insurance.
Do I need horse trailer insurance?
Although horse trailer insurance isn't a legal necessity, there are increased risks associated with towing a trailer. As a result, you might want to consider taking out cover, especially as the costs associated with trailer damage can be high.
Our cover has been designed specifically to help:
- Horse owners attending horse shows and events
- People buying or selling horses
- Stable owners and horse trainers
- Owners looking to ride their horses in new locations
- Owners who want to take their horse abroad to Europe for a holiday or event
Why choose Adrian Flux for horse trailer insurance?
At Adrian Flux, we have over 45 years of experience in sourcing affordable, tailored insurance quotes for a wide range of situations. As one of the UK's leading specialist insurance brokers, our Norfolk-based team are often able to help you when other providers cannot.
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect when you take out horse trailer insurance with us:
- Cover for trailers with a value of up to £40,000
- Up to £1,000,000 worth of public liability cover
- Up to 30 days' cover abroad in over 20 European countries
- Green card included for EU travel
- Cover for accidental damage can be added
- Replacement hire available
- Optional breakdown cover available
- Claims hotline is open 24/7
Breakdown cover for horsebox trailers
Breaking down with nothing in tow is stressful, but it's doubly so when horses are involved. That's why we offer optional horse trailer breakdown cover, which includes cover for horses in transit. In the event your car breaks down, our expert recovery team can safely transport your horses in a top-of-the-range horsebox to a nearby stabling yard, your home, or a destination of your choice.
Where necessary, our team will close the road or motorway lane you're on and cordon off the area so as not to scare or risk injury to your horses. Breakdown cover is available for just £79.50 but is even more affordable when you take out horse trailer insurance at the same time.
How much is horse trailer insurance?
The costs of cover will depend on your needs and the trailer you wish to tow. Whilst cover for a state-of-the-art trailer is often more expensive, our policies can be tailored to your needs. We also offer discounts for any of the following:
- Previous experience towing trailers
- You don't expect to cover many miles each year
- Vehicle cover taken out in conjunction with horse trailer insurance
- Additional security measures added to your horse and pony trailer
Is my horse trailer still covered when it's being used for business purposes?
Yes, just let us know that you'll be using it for business reasons and we can help set you up with comprehensive commercial cover.
Am I covered at horse shows and events?
Our public liability cover will provide additional cover when your vehicle's stationary but someone is hurt or property is damaged as a result of you, your horses or your vehicle. This includes at horse shows and events if your horses remain in the trailer. Whether or not you're covered at the show will depend on your policy – talk to us for more details.
Can my vehicle also be covered?
You can cover your vehicle separately through us. At Adrian Flux, we offer cover for a wide range of vehicles, including 4x4s and vans. Just let us know a little about your car and we should be able to help.