Adrian Flux provides specialist cover for boat and dinghy trailers, and includes the following as standard:
- Cover against accidental damage, fire and theft
- Cover for trailers worth up to £40,000
- Up to £1m public liability cover
- 30 days European green card cover for all EU countries
- SDP, Commuting and personal business use cover available
- New for old cover if your trailer is up to 3 years old at the time of a claim
- Up to 17.5% discount for trailers with datatag security
Our boat and dinghy trailer insurance policy is ideal for all watercraft owners who use a trailer to transport their vessel from place to place, including those who:
- Use a boat in the course of their work
- Enjoy watersports, such as waterskiing, kiteboating, canoeing, kayaking, yachting, sailing, wakeboarding, rafting, jet skiing, powerboating, rowing, windsurfing or parasailing
- Don't have a permanent mooring, or like to explore the coast or inland waterways
- Enjoy fishing from their boat
What do I need to know about towing my boat?
- If the towed boat causes an obstruction to the rear view mirror, additional mirrors on each side of the towing vehicle must be attached.
- Drain any water from your boat or dinghy and remove the drain plug.
- Check that your boat is securely fastened to the trailer.
- The weight of the trailer and contents must be within the vehicle's towing ability and not more than 85% of the car's kerb weight if the trailer has brakes, or 50% if it doesn't.
- Maximum trailer width in the UK and EU is 2.55m.
- Indicators, lights and brakes (where fitted) must work and you must display the correct number plate for the towing vehicle on your trailer.
- Depending on when you passed your driving test (before or after 01.01.97), the towing allowance will differ.
- Speed limits whilst towing on UK roads are 60mph for motorways and dual carriageways and 50mph on single carriageway roads. You must not use the outside lane of a motorway.
- No sharp or dangerous points of your boat may be on show – you can cover props and masts with a bucket or suitably reinforced bag or cover.
Adrian Flux has a specialist team of trailer insurance experts who are able to help you with any further questions you may have about boat trailer insurance. Call them today on 0800 587 9732 now for a trailer insurance quote.
Adrian Flux has tailored insurance policies for a variety of trailers covering horse trailers, boat trailers, flat beds and tent trailers, but if you just use an ordinary trailer for general purpose, we have the policy for you!